Terms & Conditions
When you confirm your booking by the payment of a deposit or the full costs of the booking, you are entering into a contract between the person signing the booking form (“the hirer”) and Pentre Bach Holiday Cottages.
In making a booking you are agreeing that you have read and understood our terms and conditions so please read these carefully and ask for clarification of any point that may be unclear to you.
1. The rental period runs from 16.00hrs on the day of arrival until 10.00hrs on the day of departure.
2. A firm booking will be made in receipt of the deposit. The hirer is then liable for payment of the balance of the total sum due at least six weeks prior to the start of the holiday. In the event of bookings made within six weeks of the arrival date, the full amount will be due at the time of booking.
3. Under normal circumstances in the event of a cancellation up to six weeks prior to the arrival date, the deposit would have been refunded only if Pentre Bach Holiday Cottages subsequently re-let the cancelled period. Any cancellation made within six weeks of the arrival date will result in the total loss of the full amount of the booking unless the cancelled period, as above, can be re-let. Any discounts made by Pentre Bach Holiday Cottages to facilitate the re-letting will be retained from any refunded amounts. The hirer is responsible for the arrangement of appropriate holiday cancellation insurance and, for the avoidance of doubt, the owner provides no such cover as part of the contract. However if we are unable to open due to restrictions imposed by the Welsh Government, then all payments will be refunded in full, unless the Hirer wishes to postpone their booking.
4. Only those persons listed on the booking form may occupy the booked accommodation. Sub-letting or assignment of the let is strictly prohibited.
5. Personal property of hirers occupying the accommodation is not the responsibility of Pentre Bach Holiday Cottages. Vehicles and personal property are left at your own risk.
6. If for any reason the accommodation is not available to you on the dates booked due to unforeseen circumstances, Pentre Bach Holiday Cottages will take reasonable steps to find suitable alternative accommodation. If suitable accommodation is not available then all sums paid by the hirer will be refunded. Pentre Bach Holiday Cottages will have no further liability to the hirer or any other party.
7. We reserve the right not to hand over the accommodation to anyone who, in our opinion, is not suitable to take charge of the property - in any such case all moneys shall be refunded and the Contract terminated without further liability. We also reserve the right to terminate the Contract at any time or remove any persons or persons due to unreasonable behaviour, damage to property or causing or likely to cause annoyance or offence to other guests. In such a case any refund would be entirely at the discretion of Pentre Bach Holiday Cottages.
8. In line with current legislation, the booking agreement confers a right to occupy the accommodation for the agreed period only and vacant possession must be given at the end of this period.
The accommodation rented should be kept clean and in good condition and any breakages reported to us as quickly as possible. We reserve the right to charge hirers for any breakages.
This is a smoke-free home. No smoking of any substance including vaping.
Doggie Dos and Doggie Don'ts
If guests wish to bring up to two dogs then they are welcome to
do so on the understanding that they agree to abide by the few
following simple guidelines:
1. Up to 2 dogs are allowed free of charge.
2. Guests agree to be totally responsible for their dogs and any damage howsoever caused by the dogs. Guests may wish to consider taking out special insurance to cover any such problems.
3. A maximum of two dogs per property is permitted
Guests are requested to bring their own dog’s bed, bowls, towels, etc…
4. Please do not use any of our towels for your dog
5. Dogs must be kept on a lead when outside at all times and...
6. ...special care should be taken when children are nearby
7. Dogs must never be left on their own in a property
8. Guests are required to bring throws and blankets if they want to have dogs on the furniture
9. All poop must be scooped, bagged and binned on the premises
What to do in an Emergency
For emergency services (ambulance, police, fire) please immediately call 999. Do not delay if you feel an emergency situation has arisen. State your location as Pentre Bach, LL37 2JU
In case of fire
1. Exit the property as quickly as possible
2. Ensure that all persons are accounted for
3. Dial 999 and ask for ‘FIRE’
4. State your location LL37 2JU
Do not attempt to re-enter the building until a Fire Fighter tells you it is safe to do so.
Health and Safety
We would appreciate it if you would take the time to read
through these points before your stay at Pentre Bach.
1. The fire alarm system. A sophisticated fire alarm system has been installed for your own safety. If the alarm goes off and one of us is on site then we will reset the alarm, otherwise call us on 01341 250965 or 07811 958210
2. We respectfully ask you to remove dirty footwear in the porches before entering the cottage to avoid dirtying rugs and carpets.
3. The ponds by the main house have been covered by grids as they are quite deep and could be considered as a hazard.
4. Small children need to be supervised in the garden because of the Ha-Ha.
5. The slides and trampoline are for the use of our children. They are very steep and not suitable for very small children nor adults. Please make sure your children do not use these.
6. The walls surrounding our field are built in the local way using rounded stones and can be rather precarious. DO NOT try to climb them.
7. You’re welcome to play ball games but please use the field rather than the lawn.
8. If you venture out to the local pub in the evenings, don’t forget to take a torch as the drive can be very dark.
9. Whenever you leave the cottage, please make sure you leave it secure, ie all windows closed and doors locked.
10. Please make sure that children are kept away from barbeques, and please don't use kindling and logs on the barbeque. Charcoal can be bought at the local shop.
11. The patio chairs around the table are to be used only on the patio and must NOT be placed on the grass. The reason for this is that the legs of the chairs dig into the grass and then the chairs will break. If any such breakages do occur then you will be charged for replacement chairs